The MDDC Press Association started in 1908 as the Maryland Press Association for weekly newspapers. Forty years later, daily newspapers began joining.
Delaware news media came aboard in 1961 when the
organization merged with the Delmarva Press Association and became Maryland-Delaware Press Association. When D.C. newspapers joined in 1968, the name changed for the last time. Today, the association’s membership is broad, including daily and weekly
newspapers, online-only publications, TV stations and magazines in
Maryland, Delaware and the District.